During this month you will notice that he is trying to lift heavier objects as his inquisitiveness increases. His skill in rolling a ball back and forth has also improved.
In terms of communication, your little bundle of joy is also fast learning how to combine words and gestures in order to make his feelings or needs known.
At the same time, you need to keep a close eye on him, because he has truly found his feet this month and has just about mastered the art of walking.
By the end of month 13, a baby can typically:
• Say two or more words other than 'mama' or 'dada'
• Stand well
• Bend over to pick up objects
• Take a few steps
• Walk with help
Some babies will probably be able to:
• Drink from a cup independently
• Say three or more words other than mama or dada
• Respond to commands without gestures
• Scribble with markers or crayons